Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Traveling made E*ZZAAYYY

Alright, Christmas is literally around the corner. I feel as if EVERY time I go out with her anywhere I feel as if I am carrying half of her bedroom, literally! I am the mom who HATES not to have enough diapers, food, toys ect... Here are some tips and tricks to making traveling LESS stressful on everyone involved.



First off-- Here are a few things to remember when FLYING with your little one. (remember kids 2 & under fly free domestically within the US but this option makes have to hold your child. Whereas you can purchase a ticket for your child and have them fly in their car seat that is approved.)

Tricks: try to fly during nap times or bedtime. This will allow your child the chance to sleep through the WHOLE trip with ease. Also when you are taking off or landing remember to offer a bottle or breastfeed during this time. By doing this you are helping your child pop their ear drums, since they don't know how to physically pop their ears themselves.

Here are a few products that I use to help make my traveling easier:

  1. Pack & play. -- I never got a travel crib because personally my husband and I cannot afford to go very far. But this helps out a ton! Our is pretty compactable and is very easy to put up or take down.
  2. Graco Travel System- This includes the base, car seat, and stroller. If your child is above the weight for them to use the base it is almost pointless to take the base. My child can still use the base but she gets really cramped up when attaching the car seat to the stroller. So I have to actually take her out of the car seat now any time we go shopping or get out to go anywhere. The only reason the stroller from the travel system is amazing is because they can lay down or sit down but it also gives PJ easy access to her snacks (because there is a snack cup) but also a cup holder for her juice.
  3. The next time we get a little extra money in our pockets we are buying "The First Years On The Go, Booster Seat) It is compact and light weight. It can easily fit in your diaper bag back pack!! This will also come in handy for when my nephew comes to visit since we only have one high chair!
  4. My baby uses formula so I find it super easy to have the formula dispenser and bottles filled with water, that way any where I go I just put the formula in the bottle and she can drink it. Like I said in a previous post, Hyvee makes an attachment that hooks on top of the water bottle! Which makes it awesomely easily to carry only water bottles.
  5. I actually bought plastic containers from Dollar general for about two bucks. I like it because I can put her a variety of her foods in one container. She can have a little pasta, a lil veggies, and a lil fruit all in one container! BOO YAA!!!
  6. Don't forget your baby carrier, that is if you prefer it. Personally I maybe used mine TWICE? But I know a lot of moms who LOVE the moby wrap!

Obviously you can't forget the diaper bag!! But I am the type of mom who always hates when I don't have enough diapers. I pack that diaper bag full of like twenty diapers, granted diapers aren't always that heavy but they take up some much needed space for toys to pre-occupy the little one! So I put my brain to use to solve this little dilemma I had..

I took a plastic container I had laying around the house. I believe I actually got it from Dollar general for 4-5 bucks! I placed the following items in there incase I happened to run out of something while out and about and placed it in the trunk of my car.

  • blanket
  • wipes
  • diapers
  • extra formula
  • bottles of water
  • A & D ointment
  • little toy
  • you can also add a couple of pacifiers in there. My child sucks her thumb so I never really need these
  • I also placed Tylenol and some syringes incase my little one is in pain while we are traveling. This way I always had it on hand incase I forgot to put it into the diaper bag.
  • You can also place some snacks into there like yogurt bites or puffs to hold your little one over to get home for lunch/dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment