Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Baby Shower GALOR

So many of my friends are getting pregnant and having babies now! I am so excited for them to either join me in the mommy world or adding a new addition to their family. One thing I don't really care for all that much is baby showers. I get the point, it is just like a wedding shower, but more boring because (most of the time) there is no alcohol. (I don't drink, but some times I need one glass to take the edge off of meeting new people!) So I decided to introduce to EVERYONE the new WAYS to throw a FUN and ENJOYABLE baby shower.




First off- I wasn't too smart when I had my baby shower- for one! I rented a bar for the hubbies beer and diapers party, when I should have combined out shower into a BIG BASH!.. Believe me, it would have been a lot more fun for my "close" friends. But not so much for my co-workers, so you may need two separate showers! More people- More love and advice you will get for handling your little bundle of joy!


Are you sick of going to a baby shower and playing the same boring games over and OVER again? I am ... But here are some games that will keep your baby shower some punch!

  • Late Night Diapers (You can lay out diapers on a table with permanent markers. Let your guest write on the diapers, anything they want. The most creative, wins by applause!
    • Examples: isn't it daddy's turn yet?
    • caution open at your own risk
    • only a few more thousand before I'm potty trained
  • Pacifier necklace- you can make this by ribbon and if you google pacifier décor you can find them 12 for a $1 or 48 for $4.25. If you don't have enough time or money you can use clothes pins which you can get at the dollar store or dollar general pretty cheap!
    • who ever says baby loses their necklace
    • the one with the most necklaces at the ends win.
  • Baby shower price is right game- Guess prices for different baby items.
  • "My water broke"- Buy small babies that can fit in an ice tray or you can use those pacifiers you bought for the first game. When your pacifier. baby hits the bottom your guest must be the first one to say "My water broke" wins. You cannot help your ice melt faster in any other way.
  • Decorate a onsie with permanent markers (just like the diapers)
  • Baby libs-
    • My name is __(proper noun)__ and I've known __(name of person who is having the baby) for __(years)__. I __(verb)__ all the way from __(noun)__ to celebrate this day. I am so __(adjective)__ that __(name of person who is having the baby)__ is going to be a mommy! --(Name of person who is having the baby shower)__ is by far the most __(adjective)__ __(noun)__ and I know her mommy skills will be very __(Adjecttive)__ for many years to come. My best baby advice? Don't forget to wrap the baby in warm __(noun)__ after his/her bath. A sure way to get the baby to fall asleep is to sing a loud version of __(Name of song)__. Finally, you should always dispose of dirty diapers in the __(noun)__. I wish you a life time of happiness, and __(adverb)__ __(noun)__.
  • Toliet paper diaper- Split your party into small groups. Give each group a couple rolls of toilet paper. The mommy to be is who makes the decision of which group is to win.
  • Guess the babies birth day- print out a calendar and have your guest write on it, when the baby is born give the winner their prize!


Tips: If you are throwing the party you should help the soon to be mommy get a head start on the thank you cards. Place a box filled with the envelopes for the thank you cards and make a sign that says: Please be so kind, save the parents-to-be some time. Write your name & address on the envelopes inside. I also had an extra box that I labeled Completed Envelopes so my guest knew where to put the envelope they wrote on.

Favors-
  • Blow pops- with a sticker or piece of paper tied to the stick saying" Look who's about to pop!"
  • Set up a candy station that way quests can choice what they want!
  • Puff or loofa with a tag saying "from my shower to yours!"

No comments:

Post a Comment