Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Baby shower gifts I made..

Regular Diaper cake
  • I started out by rolling the diapers up and wrapping them with rubber bands..
  • Then place rolled up diapers into a circle shape.
  • I tied them to make them a little more stable so I could move each layer
  • Make each layer smaller than the first
  • Decoration is up to you.
  • I made a homemade tutu because my moms coworker was having a girl
  • I needed a topper for it with some spizaz. so I used a little teddy bear with two bright colored flowers I had
  • I also wrapped each layer with receiving blankets
  • I added links wrapped around the bottom layer attaching the baby shampoo, baby wash, and baby lotion.
Diaper cake stroller



  • I used a shoe box to get my bottom of the rectangle shape..
  •  I had to cut the top part of the shoe box in half to make fit for the narrow edge of the shoe box
  • I then rolled up the diapers just like I did for the diaper cake and rubber band them
  • I then used tape and taped the diapers to the box so I could get stability
  • I tied the diapers around the box to make sure there were stabile by the string and the tape
  • I then used receiving blankets to make the design of a stroller
  • I think filled the shoe box with random baby objects
  • There was two-three baby outfits rolled up/folded inside of a dishwasher basket
  • Baby socks, bibs, and burp clothes where placed inside.
  • I also placed a giraffe stuffed animal with a giraffe rattle
  • I used a tier diaper cake stand to make it more stable and easy to carry to my destination
  • The tires fell off the bottom every time I moved it.. So that was my solution


  • This diaper cake was a little more difficult than the others. I had to used a wire hanger for the handle bars. I had to have my mom help me to tie/ hold the wire to get it to do what I wanted.
  • Instead of rolling the diapers and rubber banding them I left them flat and and made a circle out of them while they where flat. Which was a lot easier and less time consuming than rubber banding each diaper individually. I tied them with string to make sure they stayed round and stable.
  • I did that last step three times! I needed a front wheel and two back wheels
  • You can use whatever you want to decorate the bike.. For some reason I had a lot of people having girls..
  • Once you have your three wheels I used the metal hanger to go through the back two wheels. Then to get the front wheel on. I crossed the two end wires into the front tire.
  • You should have extra wire coming out of the front wheel that you bend up and make handle bars out of.
  • Then you have your basic structure of the bike. To get the pedals I broke a plastic hanger and used the bottom straight portion. I then rolled of two diapers around the plastic hanger and rubber banded them. I did this for each side creating the pedals.
  • Then I wanted to add a little color to my bike, I ended up using three different types of ribbon. I matched the back two tires, and put a different one of the front. For the pedals I used a small ribbon which I tied.
  • I had bought a bottle and hair accessories from walmart. I used the bottle as a bike light and put the headband around the bottle for some more color/decoration. I then created  bow out of my other two ribbon and twist tied it to the handle bars.
  • I had two hair pins left over from my hair accessories so I clipped them to the ribbon on my pedals.
  • Then I covered the handle bars by taping the ribbon to the wired hanger and wrapping it all the way to the top and taping at the top. I didn't want anyone to see my tape at the top so I covered with baby socks.


Enjoy!
Stay tuned in.. You won't want to miss a NEW mommy experience!

----Beautiful... Disasters----
<3 Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment