Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

RAW truth

Life isn't always perfect. I know this. My pregnancy was unplanned and pretty much a miracle.


Life Before Pailynn:
I worked full time at Proctor Hospital as an Emergency room tech. I also went to school full time at ICC. My husband and I rented a two bedroom condo in Eureka. Life was picture perfect. Don't get me wrong, life is still ok, it just has it's ups and downs

Life After Pailynn:
During my pregnancy I lost my job when I was about eight months pregnant, Every time I worked, I went into preterm labor. I lost my job because I was about a month short of fmla and my short term disability only covered me for two weeks and this was when I was about 36 weeks along. Long story short, my husband and I had to leave our condo and move in with parents because we couldn't afford to live off of only one of us working. Luckily it didn't put us in to too much of a slump because I get paid for monthly drill and to go to school monthly. 

I am ashamed that I am 24 years old married and living at my parents but it is better than living on the streets. 

I currently still drill and go to school full time but I also picked up a part time job that pays cash as a personal assistant and registry working for bromenn so I can keep my cna license active. 

Even though I live at home, my husband and I are lucky in the fact that my parents help is out a lot. We are starting to get more financially stable and paying off our debts to hopefully in January be able to get a house loan and move out. Otherwise in October I am eligible for the va house loan. So it is pretty much a waiting game to see when we can get approved.

I applied to nursing school and hopefully start in the fall of next year. This is the year to make all my dreams come true!

To all you first time parents who feel trapped because you live at home with your parents you can contact me and I will give you advice on how to get you out! I believe in all of you and wish you all only but the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment