Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Name Decor for bedroom

This is a TBT before Pailynn was born. I wanted to decorate her room. I knew I wanted yellow and gray chevron for the most part. I wanted something fun and simple for in her room. I know I am not a good painter.. so the this is the best solution I had.



I bought the Following items:
Wood letters spelling: Pailynn
Scrapbook paper
Spray adhesive
Sanding block

I took the wood letters and traced each letter onto the scrapbook paper. I then cut out (to the best of my ability lol) the letters. Once done, I sprayed one letter at a time and placed the scrapbook paper onto the wood letters. I continued each letter at a time until all the letters were done. Let dry over night if possible. Also, don't worry about the scraggly ends where you can't cut straight, that is where the sanding block comes into play! Once dry lightly sand all edges which should make the scrapbook paper just fall off. and BOOM your all done and have an amazing unique look to your little one's room!

I also wanted some other pictures. and again I can't paint, so this was my solution. Paint canvas completely one color and let dry over night. Next pick a color you would like to go on top of your new background color. (I picked yellow as my background, and white for the circles) who's great at painting circles? Not me! I cheated!! I used a toilet paper roll and dabbed it into the paint and press against canvas. Once complete it looked like this!

 
 
I used tape to get the lines as straight as possible.
 
 

 

 


2 comments:

  1. If u can't paint and want mural like meI can also suggest a solution. Cut wahatever you want on the wall out of poster board. If u can't free hand it Google a template blow it up to the right size print and trace onto the posterboard. Then pick out cute fabric and glue it to the posterboard with spray adhesive or for a raised look wrap with fabric and hot glue on the back. Piece it together and poster tac it to the wall. Bam u have a pretty and moveable mural. I made a ceiling height tree with a raccoon hole picture frame in the trunk, a tree swing, a white picket fence surrounding the room, and butterflies, bees, dragonflies, and ladybugs buzzing around it. It is the perfect mural for my baby girl to sit under in her room for a tea party. Plus its rental house and moving friendly. Love your idea for the letters definitely using this with my next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I never even thought of that. I know you can make a projection onto the actual wall to help draw it but I can't paint so that doesn't help me much. But that is so clever specially since we will be living in an apartment soon and I like to spice up the place as much as I possibly can!

    ReplyDelete