Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

The sound of....

The sound of grinding teeth sends shivers up and down my spine! Why the heck is my nine month old doing this? I tried to contact my friend who is a dental assistant about this. But I think she got busy and forgot about me, so being the worrier that I am I decided to do some research of my own.. This is what I found::


 Apparently this is NORMAL. SAY WHAT! Just the sound alone make me tremble!!!

Some say that this is their way of getting used to having their NEW teeth in their mouths. They also say that it can be triggered by teething,  ear aches, breathing problems, stuffy nose, and allergies. This isn't bad for your child, it just sounds horrible.

I tried to find a way to stop this horrible habit, but as far as I could find, there isn't one other than for discomfort give the proper dose of acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

Any Suggestions?

P.S.-
PJ doesn't take a pacifier. Shes a thumb sucker, so not even that helps!

http://www.babycenter.com/0_teeth-grinding-bruxism_1524446.bc


No comments:

Post a Comment