Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

14 Quick Mommy Snacks that I LOVE!

If your anything like me your life is complete and utter chaos. I am constantly on the run it feels like. I barely get time to sit down and eat a meal for ME. The one meal I do get to sit down and eat is dinner, mostly because PJ is sitting there eating dinner with us. As for breakfast and lunch I am on my own and this little one does not want me to sit too long. She seems to scoot right out of the room when I try to sit and eat. Here are some of my quick fix snacks I eat when I am busier than BUSY!


  1. Peanut butter sandwich. I probably eat this the most because I can take it anywhere and it is still good.
  2. Salad- As soon as I get any veggies I always prewash them so when I am on the go I can quickly throw this together and head out the door.
  3. Yogurt- I eat these atleast once a day. Mostly when I get a sweet tooth I can't help but engulf the deamsicle one. It is my FAVORITE!
  4. Smoothies- which I are second favorite. I love blending yogurt with fruits and some spinach. Which makes me super excited to be starting shakeology soon.
  5. Homemade applesauce- PJ loves my homemade applesauce. So I am not going to lie, I eat it right along with her!
  6. Apples with peanut butter. This is also amazing on the go. I cut up some apples and throw them into the peanut butter container for a quick on the go snack. It is perfect to chomp on in between my classes.
  7. Celery and peanut butter- I do the same thing as the apples and peanut butter but with celery.
  8. Homemade popsicles- No lie I tend to eat my nausea pops on the daily! Check it out!-Nausea Pops Recipe
  9. Frozen grapes. Nothing beats eating something sweet and cold!
  10. Whole-grain granola bars- this is also the perfect snack for when you are doing anything from vacuuming the house, doing errands, or while you are at class (for my case)
  11. Instant oatmeal- I eat this when I have a busy morning and I know I won't get time to eat later. Mommy gets a bite while PJ gets a bite of her oatmeal!
  12. Rice cake topped with peanut butter and sliced bananas on top! so creamy, so crunchy!
  13. String cheese- I eat this while running around chasing PJ on her little adventures one hand for eating and one for holding PJ.
  14. Green peppers- I love these with ranch when I have time. But if I am in the middle of driving having these sliced
  15. Carrots- I love to dip these also in ranch but they are perfect for on the go. Small enough to fit into my purse but add a huge crunch to my diet!

I hope this helps all you busy moms out! Its crazy how quickly you learn to eat with only one hand! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment