Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Baby's First Cold

What is worse than having a sick child? Nothing other than you being sick at the same time they are! Over the past almost 10 months I have quickly learned ways of improving how my little one feels when she is sick. All of these things that are listed aren't all on the internet, some came with pure experience!





Here are the items that help ease the cold:

  1. Johnson & Johnson- Soothing vapor bath wash It is perfect for when you baby needs a bath. It works just like vicks but works while the baby is playing in the bath tub! Two for one WOOT WOOT! It costs about $4.30 but check out johnson & johnson's website some times they have coupons! I got a $2.00 off coupon and ended up only paying 5 bucks for TWO of them! Ohh YAY!
  2. Vaporizer- It actually makes my nose run more but seems to help my little one out. You can get one that is warm mist or cold mist (incase your little one is always on the move and your afraid they will touch it) I set the cold one on the floor and PJ just acts like it isn't even there!
  3. Vicks baby rub you can buy or make your own. Here is a great website that teaches you how to make Homemade vicks vapor rub
  4. Saline & nose syringe- I actually have an automatic one where I push a button and it sucks her nose- Works really well actually! Remember to plug
  5. Boogie wipes
  6. Tylenol/Mortrin



Here are some things you can do:

  1. Warm bath with Soothing Vapor
  2. Turn on vaporizer at night.
  3. Put vicks baby rub on little ones chest and feet! make sure you cover there feet with foot pajamas specially if your little one is all about taken her socks off like mine is. I don't want her to get the rub in her eyes!
  4. Use saline spray and suction out little one's nose. It will help dry out their runny nose quicker! Don't forget boogie wipes to get those straggles ;)
  5. Make sure to check their temp! Remember to call your Pedi if the temp is 104 or greater. If your little ones temp is constant 102+  Mortin is when I switch to motrin otherewise it's Tylenol for me! Make sure you check with your pedi on how much to give to your child. REMEMBER: motrin and Tylenol have DIFFERENT doses!!!
  6. For moms who breastfeed- you can actually use breastmilk instead of saline.
  7. When PJ was little I would put her bouncer chair in the bathroom while I showered to help open her up. When she got bigger I had to switch to shutting the bathroom door running hot water in the sink and putting her in the bath tub.
  8. If your little one is a bit older you can boil vicks in a pan and place paper over nose and inhale. I use the paper so the steam of the vicks doesn't get into my eyes because it burns! lol
  9. If you have a scentsy pot you can put one teaspoon of vicks and two tablespoons of water and let it glow!
  10. Cuddle. When they are sick they love to cuddle with you. Just make time for it! What helps the heart helps the body! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment