Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dreams~to~reality

Today was the day! Today was the day I took a huge leap of faith and plunged into my dreams of being a nurse. I was always soo scared of rejection that I put my dreams in a box and shoved it as far away in the closet for as long as possible. It wasn't until recently looking at PJ and seeing that
fearless look in her eye. I used to have that, but I lost it in the ruins of this so called life, but not anymore. Today I took the HESI A2 test. I had studied the day before ALL day long. 2 pots of coffee later 1 am and I was still going at it. Today I even woke up at 5am to finish up some of the chapters I didn't get through. I didn't get done with all of it so I even youtubed videos on the way for the drive.





I sat down in third row in front of an older computer. I was soo nervous I had the administrator agree to let me write my login on my paper so I wouldn't forget it! Once I logged in, I realized.. Half the test I studied SOOOOOO FLIPPING HARD for WASN'T on there! I almost signed in relief, but I realized some other topics I didn't study where on there. I read SOO many pointers on how to take this test that I sat there in AWE at the computer screen. It took me a few minutes to snap myself back into reality. I started with the section I knew I would forget if I didn't take it NOW! May I note when I read the guidelines for HESI A2 it made it sound like each section was timed and you only have a certain amount of time to finish. But this wasn't the case. It started the clock backwards from 4 hrs and 30 minutes. Realizing this, I took my time... about an hour later I click finish for my vocab portion of my test. ... Finishing each section with a little bit more stress slowly releasing my pores! I took the Math section last. I knew math is my BEST subject. So if I didn't remember too much from what I studied that it wouldn't matter much. This portion of the test took me the longest. I solved the problem and then rechecked all of my work. Needless to say, I ended up getting 100% on the math portion!..


Overall I PASSED the test! I was sooo excited that I couldn't even wait to get home to tell everyone. I texted everyone as soon as I got into the car!


After one mile of my journey was completed I wanted to finish another leg of the race. I turned in my RN application even though the deadline was Jan 15 2014. Sooo.. I may or may not procrastinate a little bit? Anyway, good news is that it is turned in... Now.. the part I REALLY hate the most- WAITING!


STAY TUNED... Find out if I got in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment