Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Upset tummy fixes

At some point you or your child are going to be hit with the stomach bug. It is the WORST possible thing to deal with EVER. I find myself gaging while cleaning up her mess.. A lot of people will say wait it out or it has to pass. But what they don't tell you is how to fix the problem a tad bit quicker. Who wants a problem to be solved faster? I DOO!!!! Specially when it comes to the stomach flu and my little peanut!





I have two tricks I use. Depending on ages of your children and what your pediatrician recommend.




As an adult- I heat a mug of water in the microwave once it is coffee hot or tea hot, I pour a jello packet into it and sip. I usually prefer strawberry flavor but you can do which ever you prefer. They also make tasteless jello which you can add with your tea. What I will tell you is.. you are going to get sick after sipping on this.. But it will help coat your stomach and help you stop getting sick.






For PJ and some times me (if I don't have jello on hand) I use Rice water.


Heat 3 cups of water to a boil
Once boiling cook 6 tablespoons of rice as directed on the box

You aren't going to get three cups of water out of this because the water soaks up into the rice. I drain the water into a mug (I feed it to PJ luke warm) and put the cooked rice in the fridge for a meal for later. By drinking rice water it soothes your upset stomach and adds some nutrients to your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment