Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

DIY Photo invitations

I never realized how much planning your little ones birthday party could be! Specially since I am on a budget but I still want it to look amazing! I am finding all of this DIY stuff.. the problem is trying to budget time in between her party, school, working, taking care of PJ, and actually being able to do each project. I am not going to lie.. These SNOW DAYS are definitely helping!

I wanted a CUTE invitation with a picture of PJ on it. The problem was, I didn't want to spend 15 bucks for 20 invitations. So I came up with this CLEVER idea to get past breaking the bank.

I used the website pizzap.com and edited a background, cut around PJ in her picture, put a sticker, added some text and PRESTO. I sent the photo to walgreens (first I made sure that everything fit on the picture, I actually had to redo it because you need a gap between the edges so it doesn't cut off the picture or text. BAM- 20 cents per invite. I then went to the dollar tree and bought a pack of invites only because I wanted HOT pink envelopes. There were 8 for a dollar. I ended up only spending 7 bucks on her invites. One thing off my checklist and so far.. I have already saved -$23!!!

Here was the final result. Don't mind the black out spots- that is where the original information for the party was. But I don't want everyone and their momma coming to my daughters first bday unless you actually receive an invite! Sorry! xoxo.







No comments:

Post a Comment